Thursday, January 27, 2011

Double Digits

Wahoo! I am still alive at ten weeks. I am feeling a ton better this week, even though I'm still pretty picky about what I'll eat (nothing sounds good). And all the onion lovers in this house are going to be the death of me. I walked into my closet this morning and all I could smell was dinner from last night. I knew what I had been wearing, but I swear that one sweater made all the clothes in the closet smell! Since I'm not in the mood to wash everything I own, I'll just have to live with it until this ridiculous sense of smell wears off. It's my superpower, for now.


I'm pretty proud of all the things I've gotten accomplished this week. I don't know why I am not satisfied with myself unless I'm running around all day like a crazy person, but I guess if that's what it takes to make me feel good...LOL. After all, can the bathrooms ever get cleaned too often? And can I ever be far enough ahead that I won't be drowning in my to-do lists once I have TWO kids? Better keep it up, I guess.
I've been recruited by our ward choir and these guys are INTENSE. We have a lot of musical talent in our ward and the choir director pushes us hard. She asked me to accompany a few of the upcoming Easter numbers. I've been practicing about an hour every day (more than I've practiced...probably EVER. LOL) while Olivia plays or watches a movie and I'm finally making progress on the music. It's been awhile since I've had a challenge like this musically and I'm kind of enjoying the 'me' time.


I haven't gained any weight, thus far, but that's not saying much. I didn't start gaining with Olivia until about 20 weeks and I still managed to put on 40 pounds. It came off easy enough, but I'd still rather keep it around 25 if I can help it. Good thing I'm still craving green apples :)


This pregnancy was dated by ultrasound, since I didn't know my date of ovulation, and I do trust the doctor's judgement, but I SWEAR I've felt this little one a couple of times. It's way too early for that at 10 weeks, right? Or maybe my tummy is just extra gurgl-y?


This picture was taken a few days after I found out I was pregnant (7 weeks)

2 comments:

brittney said...

Look at you miss skinny!! I love the preggo girls you can't tell they are from behind... that is gonna be you;) Does the sense of smell EVER wear off? I swear it gets worse with every pregnancy... and kinda just sticks around. oh well! I hate the onions that smell like bo, lol.

McGinnis Family said...

No kidding (to Brittney's comment)!!! You are so super skinny and look GREAT!!!! The intense smell killed me off too! I now officially hate walking down the laundry detergent isle! GAG reflex comes into effect! And I say do whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better and happy! Now freakin' get off the computer and go clean a bathroom! LOL!!!!