Monday, October 19, 2009

Favorite Post of the Day...

Went to the doctor this morning (8 am. Way too early. Not doing that next time.). Everything is measuring great (except the scale in the office. I think it is broken. LOL :) and my glucose test was in the normal range, so no gestational diabetes worries. But the highlight of the day has got to be this post by friend of a friend. I've only met Brittany a couple of times, but as she is a very good friend of one of my very good friends, I keep up with her blog. She and her husband are in the process of adopting a little girl after losing their own baby a couple of years ago. I actually don't think it gets better than this. Read it. With tissues.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

OH my gosh!!! Thanks a lot!! (sarcasm) I love stories like that. Eyeing adoption ourselves makes me so emotional about the topic. She really is blessed.

Makayla Steiner said...

That is fantastic!

AND I remember her! She went to school in Tooele for a while didn't she? If I recall correctly, she moved after tenth grade, but I think I used to eat lunch with her sometimes.

It really is a great story. It's great that they're pregnant, and it's even more awesome that they still get to adopt the other baby. How cool would it be to be a "twin" when your twin was adopted? And how neat for the adopted child to know that he/she was so loved and wanted that his/her folks were willing to take him/her even though they were having another one of their own at the same time! I hope he/she grows up hugely encouraged by that situation.

Jayelle said...

I know! How awesome, right?

Yes, she went to school in Tooele, but she moved away before I was there, so maybe after 9th grade??? I just think it is so so so neat!