Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"It Will Go Away!"

17 Weeks
23 Weeks

28 Weeks

Working while pregnant has really been an interesting experience. People react in so many different ways when I tell them. But the classic had to be little Mary. She is the shortest little lady with beautiful white hair and I've missed her the last few times she has come in. But this last time I was sitting at the front desk when I saw her pull up. I was basically just waiting for the clock to turn to 5 so that I could go home when she came in. And it was the funniest thing. She totally walked right past me and went to one of the other girls to ask her if she could give her a perm. Didn't bother me. I don't like doing perms that much anyway, plus I was getting ready to leave. The other girl said she could, and that she would just be a few minutes. So little Mary walks to the waiting room and sits down, when I walked over and said hi to her while putting away some magazines. She had no idea who I was. Well, long story short, once the other girls told her that it was me, she came up and apologized for not recognizing me, told me congratulations on the baby (she hadn't known before) and proceeded to explain that the reason she didn't recognize me because I have put on so much weight! "But don't worry, dear. It will go away!" Exactly what every woman wants to hear, right??? Yes, I do look at the scale at my checkups! I know precisely how much I've put on and it is not THAT much. But I was paranoid for a few days wondering if that is all people are thinking about me now! I'm ok with it now, and as I was looking at the few pictures I have taken through the pregnancy thus far it IS pretty obvious that a lot of the 'round-ness' has gone to my face. Oh well. "Don't worry, dear. It will go away!" LOL

7 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

I think it is especially true as you get to do fun things like take walks with the baby, chase the baby around the house, etc. I remember that my mom used to have the three of us (me, Dakota, and Scott) do Richard Simmons aerobics tapes with her after Scott was born. It was SO FUNNY. :)

You look justifiably pregnant, by the way. Which, incidentally, is healthy for your little girl.

Jayelle said...

Haha! My mom used to take us to aerobics with her at the church every morning when we were little...until we pulled the fire alarm one day. LOL

Erin said...

Love that story. I don't think you even look very big! I love your belly.

You pulled the fire alarm? LOL.

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

I didnt think that i got bigger in the face until my father in laws secretary told me that i was looking good and "my face had slimmed down" Then i went home and realized that it all was in my face!!

Kristi said...

Oh my little Mary! I was thinking about her the other day! I wondered if she was still around! She is so funny, don't worry about it you look great!!

Rach Williams said...

I worked Geriatrics for years so I learned to ignore everything they say about my appearance. My absolute favourite comment to this day was from my favourite patient, "Why in the hell would you ever pay to have your hair look that hideous." Old people, gotta love 'em. I think you're a darling preggers!!!

Lisa said...

You look so cute!!