Monday, July 20, 2009

Go Away! I Already Have a Conscience!

I cannot take it anymore. There is a cricket somewhere under my kitchen sink. It chirps all night long, starting at about 11pm and finally shutting up about 8am. Ryan doesn't seem bothered by it. That high-pitched creaking is hurting my ears, and ruining my sleep! I finally narrowed down its location tonight (since Saturday I've been hearing it but I could never find exactly where it was), and Ryan was kind enough to clear out the area and spray our bug spray stuff all under the sink. But the dang thing came back. And its still going at it. I think we may need a professional to keep these things away next year, and perhaps keep my sanity. I also realized, as the contents of my under-the-sink cupboard were scattered on the counter, that I should probably find a safer place to store my potatoes than next to the febreeze and the ant bait. LOL

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

That's like the only thing I miss about St. George.
When I was in high school I had one in my room everynight. I finally got so sick of it that in the middle of the night I just started chucking things in that direction. In the morning I found it in 2 pieces. Problem solved!
Good luck!

Aubrey said...

Oops. I meant the only thing I DON'T miss.

Jayelle said...

Yes, and should I ever leave St. George, I will NOT miss these crickies either! :)