Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Too Early...




Last week/weekend's project...I know its still way too early to be doing this...especially since we don't know the gender of our baby...but I do enjoy a good painting project! The measuring and taping of the squares was the most tedious part of the whole process. Our walls are textured, and we've never had very good luck with getting a nice, clean line when we tape to paint, but I saw a tip on HGTV a little while ago. It suggested putting a layer of clear glaze over the tape before you paint to get a good seal and, for the most part, it worked like a charm!
Ryan's mom made us the beautiful quilt, we already had the curtains, and we got a killer deal on the used crib and table. And now my creativity is used up for the rest of the year.

7 comments:

krystie said...

that is very cute.....i am so excited for you guys! i myself love a good painting project...so what is the clear glaze you are talking about....is it paint that you paint over the tape?

Erin said...

Cool! I would have never thought of something like that. I love it. Don't worry, by the time you hit the end you'll have a major nesting instinct and I'm sure you'll find some way to rearrange the whole room or be creative somehow. Love you.

Aubrey said...

You are amazing!! I HATE painting because I know that I would be doing it ALONE! My husbands not a home improvements kind of guy. Bummer. It is so awesome. I'm totally jealous and it made me day dream of when we move back and buy a house that we can actually decorate in fun ways. Maybe I'll have to hire you to help me!! :)

Rach Williams said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I love it. I did almost that same look to my spare bedroom but with bolder and brighter colours. Haha. I thought my husband was gonna FREAK out when he saw it. It's grown on us now. Awesome painting job. I love it!

Makayla Steiner said...

I love that room! Wanna come paint my room???

Jayelle said...

The glaze that I used was actually meant to be used with a faux finishing technique, but it just comes in a quart and dries completely clear(Home Depot...where else...haha). You just paint it right over the tape and let it dry. There were a few spots that still seeped through, but I can touch those up by hand.

Rooms of squares for all, coming right up(James, just got my passport, so I'm good to go!)!LOL

Ry and Monica said...

so cute! i am very impressed with your squares by the way...gotta love HGTV :)