Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tyler's Band Competition


Tyler and Brian after Tooele has marched

Tooele High Marching Band 2008



Tyler is somewhere in there!

The Tooele High School Marching Band travelled to St. George this weekend so we got to hang out with Tyler, my younger brother, who is a junior this year and plays the melophone during marching band season(he plays the French Horn and any other instrument that he wants to during the rest of the year). Brian also came along for the ride with my dad since Dad was chaperoning the band and had to drive down separately to haul all the equipment. Ryan and I had so much fun! Besides getting to see family, it was perfect weather and the band did great! Tooele placed 3rd overall in the 3A competition. We stayed late to watch the 4A and 5A bands as well, which includes the famous American Fork High School Band. They marched at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade last year in New York City...and now I know why! I never played in the band, but I know just how dedicated they are to their "sport" (it really is a sport...they practice at 6am in the freezing weather and getting those formations just right...whew!). It's just amazing to watch and I'm so jealous of the talent that all those students have! What a great weekend!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like a blast! I love watching marching bands.