Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election 2008

I am so glad that all the drama is finally over! What will all the TV personalities talk about now? Oh well! haha. Ryan and I stayed up late (Yes, 11 pm is late for us!) to find out who won. We had the tv on ABC4 news, which I don't usually like to watch. They never have positive things to say about any church issue, and I just prefer the other 2 Utah stations for my news-getting purposes. But, for whatever reason, we had it on that channel when the "BIG NEWS" of Obama's victory came through. We then proceeded to watch John McCain's concession speech, which was good, covered all the bases that needed to be covered and wasn't too long (sitting for any length of time is difficult for multi-taskers like me!) Then, after McCain was done speaking, the network cut back to whoever was reporting (probably Charlie Gibson, but I'm not sure) and started playing the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Song in the background! hahaha! I love it! The way I see it, that means one of two things....
One: No matter how big the race, it always comes down to who is the bigger Pirate :-)
(I don't really think that...I do have 'hope')
or
Two: No matter how grown up the issue, everything can always be explained with a
Disney Song!
I'm sticking with the latter!

2 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

Yes... but did you watch OBAMA's speech? Because it was RIVETING!

I have to say, I'm very pleased that he won. Can't help it. :)

Jayelle said...

I didn't watch Obama's speech, but does give a powerful message when he speaks. I read most of his speech on your blog. It's been an interesting process, for sure! I didn't really intend on posting anything about the election, but(not trying to downplay that historic moment, honestly) couldn't resist posting something small when ABC played the pirates song!