Monday, March 9, 2009

Juice and Bunnies

Ryan is sick. No fun. I hope he gets out of work early today so he can rest and then he has tomorrow off. Last night we had a conversation. It went something like this:

R: You probably shouldn't drink that juice. I already drank from it and I don't want you to get sick.

J: Oh, I'll be fine! Do you know how many people I touch every day? I have built up immunities to so many things, I'll never get sick again. *drinks from container*.

R: OK, whatever. (is thinking, "just don't drink all my juice" LOL)

J: Do you know, last time I got really sick was my first month of college. My cousins had to nurse me back to heath(good times, right guys? haha), I couldn't move, and had to take like 4 baths a day to get rid of the achiness. Hmmm...It HAS been a long time since I've been REALLY sick!

R: Ya, I don't remember you ever being really sick.

I think we all know where this is going! That was the end of the conversation. The evening progressed, we watched a movie, I made some fun cards for my younger cousins for Easter. But this morning and all day I've been pretty much on the couch, facebooking and blogging my life away because I feel so SICK! That's just what I get. Spoke WAY too soon. That'll teach me! LOL.

Anyway, since I've had time on my hands, I've been getting into the Easter spirit! When I was little, my aunts and grandma used to make little bunnies out of washcloths for Easter decorations. I wanted to try them myself, so I looked up the directions, and seriously, they are so easy! They are quick and are so cute even if you don't do the pom pom for the tail, or the googly's for they eyes. Just tying the ribbon around the elastic makes a cute, simple egg-holder, or gift!


Washcloth Bunny

You Need:
White Washcloth (or colored if you want a colorful bunny!)
Elastic and Ribbon
Small Pink Pom Pom

Small White Pom Pom

Two Wiggle Eyes
-- 10mm
Scrap of Craft Foam

Glue Gun, or Tacky Glue


Instructions:
Lay the washcloth on the table diagonally so it looks like a diamond. Beginning at the top point, roll down the washcloth to the middle. Roll the bottom up to the middle, so you have a long strip of rolled washcloth. Fold the long strip in half


Now fold that strip in half. Bunch up near the ends to make a head, putting an elastic around the bunch to make a head. Fluff the ends to make ears.
Glue on wiggle eyes, pompom nose and foam strips for whiskers. Glue on pompom tail.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon. Take a bath and don't eat any chocolate cake until you're well. That is my prescription.

Jayelle said...

Good prescription Erin! I'm feeling much better tonight(chocolate cake here I come!), after having flashbacks all day of laying on the floor of the dorm, with you making me sandwiches and putting colloidal silver in my ears! LOL. OH, funny. Which reminds me, I watched Italian Job on Saturday and thought of us! Wow.
James, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a comment on your blog since you changed it to the black background...I'm just gifted that way, I suppose. But your nephew is pretty much as close to perfect as a baby can get! I love him! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Oh, I am sorry that you got sick...I have done that one before. Sometimes the line of "I don't care if I get sick" is said and then you really do care!!