Friday, March 20, 2009

Please keep your hands, feet, and head inside the ride while getting a haircut.


I may not be a morning person, but I try really hard to be nice to the people that are banging down the door at the salon when we open. This morning, the sun was shining! The birds were singing! My hair worked. Plus, I got to sleep an extra 30 seconds because I knew what I was going to wear today! Good morning so far, right? Right.


Now, I do enjoy my job. It's not as much of a creative outlet as I would like it to be, because no one ever REALLY means it when they say "Just do whatever you want", but it's enough to keep me happy!


So this morning I had a lady. Nice lady. Lovely hair. But she had her cup of coffee with her and brought it back to my chair. Fine. I actually don't mind the smell of coffee at all. But she held it during the haircut, and would occassionally take a big swig (have you ever tried to drink something without moving your head? Doesn't work. Moving head=bad haircut), forcing me to pause the haircut while she drank. I found this rather obnoxious. So what do I do? Instead of asking her nicely to put the cup on the counter and wait until I was done, I thought it would be a fun game to see if I could fling the hair just right so that it would fall onto her cup. I succeeded. Problem solved. Haircut turned out wonderfully. Yes, I may need to work on my people skills in the mornings. :-)

6 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

How's that for attitude...LOL.

Was she mad?

Jayelle said...

LOL. I know, very childish. But, no. She took my card and loved her hair!

Aubrey said...

That makes me miss the salon... Having things like that happen just make your life so much more colorful.. Don't ya think? :) You are so awesome

Erin said...

Hee hee! Leave it to Jayelle to come up with a genious plan like that! LOL.

Jayelle said...

I do come up with some brilliant plans, if I do say so myself!

Jess said...

Ok so it has been a long while since I checked your blog. I just read this and all I can say is you go girl! That had me laughing so hard!